The Certificate requires completion of at least 3 components. The Graduate Certificate in Medical Biochemistry is comprised of 4 components covering the fundamentals of medical biochemistry and delving into the biochemistry of selected diseases. Students are required to take the Biochemistry I: Molecular Structure and Cellular Function and the Biochemistry II: Enzymology and Cellular Metabolism. Students are also required to take one of the remaining 2 components to fulfill the certificate requirements. Students MAY take all four components which can be completed in 2 semesters.
- Biochem I (4 cr) required
- Biochem II (4 cr) required
- Biochem III (3 cr)
- Biochem IV (3 cr)
Your computer should have these minimum technical standards:
- Your computer should have these minimum technical standards:
- Video camera with microphone
- 4GB (gigabytes) memory
- 1GB hard drive space
- Microsoft Office (at least 2007)
- Internet requirements:
- A minimum download speed of 1.5 Mbps is required for admission, which is commonly the speed associated with a basic DSL or a cellular/satellite connection.
- A faster connection, such as cable or fiber service, will further enhance your online experience.
- A Wi-Fi connection is generally acceptable.
- Operating system:
- You may use either a Windows laptop (Windows 7 minimum; Note Windows 7 Support will be discontinued on December 31, 2018.) or an Apple MacBook, MacBook Air or MacBook Pro (OS X minimum)
- CPU Processor: 1.86Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo or greater
- Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Operating System: 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Only genuine, U.S.-English versions of Windows Operating Systems are supported.
- Screen Resolution should be at least 1024×768 or higher.
- MAC Users: Supported Operating Systems: OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), OS X 10.12 (Sierra), and OS X 10.13 (High Sierra). Only genuine versions of Mac Operating Systems are supported. CPU: Intel processor. RAM: 2GB. Hard Drive: 1GB or higher available space. Server version of Mac OS X is not supported. Internet connection for Download and Upload.
The Graduate Medical Biochemistry Certificate will enable the successful candidate to better meet the requirements for
- Admission into professional schools and graduate schools
- A lab technician in the biomedical sciences
- Jobs in the biotechnology sector
- Teaching certificates in the Biology/Chemistry field
- Jobs in biosecurity
Office of Student Records and Registrar,
University of Mississippi Medical Center,
2500 North State Street,
Jackson, MS 39216,
601-984-1080, 601-984-1079 (Fax).
UMMC accepts e-transcripts, which must be sent directly to email@example.com. If your school of attendance uses e-transcripts, please note that our institution is listed as University of Mississippi Medical Center, All Admissions.
Once a student has completed all onboarding requirements, the School of Graduate Studies in the Health Sciences will send instructions on how to register for courses.
Please see the School of Graduate Studies in the Health Sciences’ Student Registration Process Policy for a brief outline of the registration process.